Sorry ladies, the only uterus this girl cares about is her own. Please save the blood and gore for another victim. Which makes me wonder... why are they compelled to tell you that crap? Technology is so much better than it was 30 years ago. My ultrasound pictures resemble a baby growing in my body, if I were to whip out my baby book and take a look at the sonogram picture, it would resemble something that looks like someone forgot to pay their cable bill. I don't understand why older women want you to hear about Aunt Mable's 38 hr labor with no drugs, down at the barn and Uncle Jed had to cut the cord with his rusty pocket knife before the doctor could even get there.... I'm already pregnant. If you want to decrease the number of teen pregnancies, this should be your audience, not me. I have a career and I'm willingly starting a family, the "right way".
I will say, at the moment it is still slightly surreal. I have passed the sick and tired stage, thank goodness, although I can proudly say that I never had bad "morning sickness" (it's ok, if you did... you can hypothetically punch me now), I never threw up (but I can say I came close, but I have an intense fear of barf... even if it's my own, which probably psyched me out of barfing... yes, and I'm going to have an infant...), just very tired and not feeling myself. Now I'm in a new place, where none of my clothes fit, but the maternity clothes I bought (because I don't see the point in buying clothes I may or may not be able to wear in a few months... why not go in for the long haul) are in an awkward not totally fitting right phase. When I think I feel HER (because it is going to be a girl... ) I discover it is just the wonderful blessing of pregnancy gas. Although, the other day, I did feel like a little goldfish was swimming in there... you know, like when you have a goldfish in the bag, and it is bumping the sides trying to get out?
It's all new, and it's all exciting. I have such GREAT friends that are moms and new moms. I can't wait to learn a lot from them. I'm just hoping I'm as awesome of a mom as my mom... because she's the cat's pajamas.
No comments:
Post a Comment