Saturday, February 25, 2012

There is much happiness in the land, and it smells like fish... sort of.

Last night, I got to spend some time with my BFF-FF-FFF (aka The General). I got to sous chef some delightful ligurian fish stew, and plan for an all out jihad on bad writing. Ok, bad writing may be stretching it, and if heard from the ears of my students (or their parentals for that matter...) would cause many to be in therapy for years to come. The heart of the matter is, this is a rough year for me as a writer and a teacher of all things writing. I have a group this year of some struggling writers, who have ear muffed all my pleas of syntax, and my incessant calls to arm themselves with the plumes of writing awesomeness.

This week though, it fiddin' to go down. There will be a trifecta of teachage happening. It's gonna rock.

Right now, I am feeling a little like Linus with a "fresh out of the dryer" blankie. ````and `that my friends, it happiness... (kind of like all the ACCE!NT!S and other weird typing THAT is the result of your keyboard being hi-jacked by a 1 year old.... He's a blogger in training.)

1 comment:

  1. Holla! Can't wait to bring some sunshine to the syntax and elaboration to the elements. Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete