This morning my only wish was for us to go to church as a family. It's been a while. No kidding.... a long, long, long while. I grew up nearly never missing a Sunday at church. It's something I have been really battling with as an adult since I moved away from home. I can honestly say I have NOT been more than I HAVE been. Now that I am a mom, the concept of going to church has changed. I am going back to my roots, and I realize that if I don't instill in my little man the importance of going, it will inevitably be my fault when he grows up and doesn't understand the importance of being spiritually grounded. I for one, have been blessed beyond what I can imagine, and it's because of my faith I get through a lot of days. Well, this morning, I was adamant we attended as a family. Due to circumstances mostly beyond my control, I haven't taken Jax, or myself, since June. Daddy hasn't been in tow since Easter, and I had had enough of my little family spiritually spiraling out of control. We got up. I harassed daddy until he got up.... we got dressed... we made it out the door.... 20 minutes after 9. Did I mention the service starts AT 9:00? We pull up and there are very very very few cars in the parking lot. Are we missing something? We frantically plow through the doors to be greeted with a smile and a reminder that it's 5th Sunday so there is 1 service at 10:00 and pot luck lunch after. Coming to a pot luck empty handed is one of the deepest sins in my book, and my Nanny would be ashamed. Jaxon was glad he could run frantic around the sanctuary and at one point got kidnapped by the preacher's wife to hear the praise band warm up. He LOVED it. He loved it so much he ran up the altar front and center about 10 times... I was scared he was going to run through the band and touch all their instruments and break things... knock over the candles, pull on the ornate drapings on the Lord's supper table... but he didn't what did he do instead? dance. and he danced. and he danced. and he danced. He went a little Pentecostal for just a moment. And it was awesome. I also got some intense warm fuzzies I haven't felt in a long time just watching him up on that stage. Today, my son was dancing for Jesus. When is the last time I did that? I need to more often... Oh, and even though I came to the potluck empty handed did I eat still?
Oh yes I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment