Wednesday, February 10, 2010
delicate flurries of happiness
As I got dressed this morning, I commented to Baylee about how it was impossible for a girl to fix her hair perfectly everyday. As I stood there, armed with my friend the flat iron, our conversation was interrupted with a sound. Ping! Ping! Ping! Could it be rain? Ping! We looked at each other, with a silence that lingered as if it were an hour. Then Baylee broke the silence. "I think it is sleeting Bee!" I ran to the window, and sure enough, there were thousands of white bundles jumping off of the shed as if it were a trampoline. Sleet! Ladle interjected his opinion... We must open the windows!!! Oh the joy of it! I stood at the window, with Annabelle and the other cats... enjoying the sleet as it raced off of the neighbor's roof and poured onto the grass. Sadly, it didn't stick or last too long, just like winter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment