So I am pondering on the thought of having to clone myself. It seems that it doesn't matter how many things people want you to do, or get done-- someone always gets pissed. Why is that?
True story from today...
Me: Thanks so much for being a part of my classroom today! I just wanted to make you aware that I have a parent conference that was scheduled before I knew you were coming, and I MUST be at this conference...
MEAN GT lady: Well.... this is the first I have heard of this... You have really put me in a wedge.
Me: I understand your time is precious, we are all meeting until 5:30 correct? I will do my best to expedite this meeting so I can be with you asap.
MEAN GT lady: Hmph! Well... I guess if this is the case, I have almost wasted 30 minutes of my time sitting in here then haven't I?
Me: (speechless... as she waddles out the door) Well, I look forward to meeting with you later!
P.S. Did I also mention she told me she was staring at a student of mine and said, "I can't figure out for the life of me if that child is a boy or a girl..., but it is obvious they need a lot of attention." Me: "Yes, HE does, but oh! He is so smart! genius that boy is..." Her: "Well, he must have to be to deal with this gender ambiguity" O dot M dot G... skater hair does not = transgender. I could scream. Really.
No comments:
Post a Comment