Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

It's a new year. A time for new beginnings. I spent the eve at some precious friend's wedding. Grandmomma JFTB watched the baby J while me and Daddy J went out for some very RARE p-a-r-t-y-ing. It was good to get out sans mini-me and have a good time with the Mr. Taking time for each other is something that hasn't happened over the course of the **almost** 11 months. I realize that this is probably why 2011 (besides the fact that a baby was in the picture, we had a job change, among others...) was kind of rocky. There are a lot of things I want to happen in 2012. Losing weight is always at the top of my list.... I don't make resolutions anymore. I suck at keeping them, and why lie to myself? I do need to be healthier, though. That is going to cost me a relationship with my boyfriend, Mr. Bacon. We have filed for a divorce, he is bad for my health. Perhaps he has a leaner twin I can hook up with instead. I need to be healthier not only for me, but for my Baby boy. He needs his Momma around for a long time. I am also reading a book via my super star Kindle Fire, called "My so called life as a Proverbs 31 wife." I am LOVING it. She is sarcastic, she writes just like me (it's like I am telling the story to my self.... me gusta!). It's all about a woman's journey to be the "Proverbs 31" wife. If you have ever read the scripture, you would know it's the superstar wife chunk of the bible. While a lot of it seems real hard to accomplish, I am going to see just what I can do. I'm a third through the book, and this woman is going through what I am. She just doesn't see the practical in how you can do it this day and age. BUT she is finding ways.... interesting.

So, here is to an awesome 2012. Regardless of you Mayans, my Jesus has this year thing on lock. Stick to making chocolate drinks and pyramid thingys and let's all just have a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment