Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The first official rejection notice is fuel for the fire...

I get this email in my box:

Hi Jennifer,

Infinite apologies for taking so long to get back to you; I've been
swamped with submissions, and I'm reading slower than I thought
possible.

I want to thank you so much for writing to The Rumpus. I'm sorry to
say that your submission is just not right for us, and we're going to
pass on it. Nevertheless, we really appreciate you submitting and
contributing to the revolution!

Also, wow, middle school English teacher. Mine changed my life. While
it's a noble profession, I also hope you trade it in for best-selling
novels. That's the dream.

Very best,

E*******
Editor
Funny Women





I will have you know, Miss Thang--- that just because I don't write overly heinous vulgar for humor... I will still make you wet your pants. Please come over and sit in my presence with a bottle of wine, and see if you won't secretly go to the bathroom and hook yourself up with a precautionary pad or a set of Depends... It is on like Donkey Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment